Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mundane Muggle Musts

Doing chores is one of the most miserable, feet-dragging, dreaded activities that I have the displeasure of doing every day.

I've tried:

-calling them "tasks" because of the negative association with the word "chore".

-rewarding myself after chores with something fun.

-breaking them up into 5-10 minute periods of speed-cleaning throughout the week.

-making a weekly chore chart that's all color coded and fun

I'm still on the quest to make chores more bearable.

When I think about the witches and wizards in the Harry Potter series, and how they can use magic to do chores, I feel very jealous.

Even though I'm very magical, since I didn't go to Hogwarts, I haven't learned how to use magic to avoid or quickly finish chores.

I realized, this is a muggle problem. So, I'm making a chore list based on this fact. While I was researching other words for "chore", I found this:

 

The antonyms for "chore" are "happiness" and "peace"??? Sounds about right.

Here is my super awesome and fun chore list: "Mundane Muggle Musts"

You even get to check off each "must" with a snitch. How freaking cool is that? I'm grateful to FontMesa for making this awesome font, "Magic School".

If you would like your own magical chore list that might make housework a little less sucky, here you go. (let me know if the link doesn't work)

Also, please tell me if you have discovered some way to make chores a less awful, or even *gasp* enjoyable experience.

♥Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts